For domestic flights in Nepal, Nepal Airlines, Buddha Air, and Yeti Airlines are considered the country’s top three airlines as they are reputable, offer the most flight options, and provide qualified services.
Some small operators that fly in and out include Shree Airlines, Tara Air, summit air and Simrik Airlines. These airlines are not big companies but provide flights that are usually booked by travellers who have special interests in trekking or seeing views of the Himalayas. We strongly recommend the following airlines in Nepal.
1. Buddha Air – with the Best Aircraft in Nepal and Flights Between Big Cities
2. Yeti Airlines – the Largest Airline Going to Remote Regions
3. Tara Airline – Small aircraft mostly make flight in Lukla and Jomsom
4. Summit Air – Small aircraft mostly make flight to Lukla, Phaplu, Simikot and jomsom
Insider Tips for Flying in Nepal
- In Nepal, the mountain weather is unpredictable and flight delays or cancelations occur frequently. Normally, passengers will not be informed until a few minutes before departure.
- Make your itinerary as flexible as possible. Flight delays or cancelations often happen due to the poor visibility.
- Don’t be surprised if you are not taken to your intended destination because of fog.
- It is not advised to make a domestic flight that connects to an international flight in one day.